Search this site
- Labour and the EU: an open letter to Mr Corbyn
- The Brussels bombings: no, Islamist terrorism is not a response to a western war on Islam (with clarification of 27 March)
- Waiting for Armageddon: an exchange of gloomy views
- Labour should support UK bombing of Da’esh (ISIS) in Syria to help hold the line while an interim political settlement is negotiated
- Does Security Council Resolution 2249 (2015) of 20 November make bombing ISIL in Syria legal? Yes!
- Trident: Mr Corbyn and the General
- Notice to contributors of comments and subscribers to Ephems blog
- New Statesman writers on Cameron and Corbyn: two special pieces
- The Lords’ amendments to a government financial statutory instrument are an attempted power grab that drives a coach and horses through a vital constitutional doctrine
- Corbyn’s No to the nuclear button marks the beginning of the end of his leadership
Get posts by email
Subscribe for email updates
- David Ratford on 2nd May
The most striking (and depressing) thing about the current debate is that both sides concentrate almost exclusively on the economic ...
- petermartin2001 on 2nd May
I'd just like to clarify my previous comment that "Brexiters have the better arguments". I probably should have used the ...
- john greenwell on 2nd May
I agree with Brian's comments
- john greenwell on 2nd May
I agree with this completely
- Oliver Miles on 1st May
Some excellent stuff here, but for me as a non-party man it is a pity to present the arguments as ...
- David Campbell on 28th March
I welcome the way you've refocussed the argument. The Easter Rising Centenary raises the issue you address in a longer ...
- Phil on 28th March
Once more into the comment box... I've got a few points in response to the original post, but first I'd ...
- Brian on 27th March
Brian writes: In reply to David Campbell: Thanks. I agree with much of what you say -- indeed, some of ...
- robin fairlie on 27th March
I agree in principle with the message, Brian, but it is inadequate to suggest (as, no doubt unintentionally , you do) ...
- Rob on 27th March
This is a seriously persuasive article. However, you write: "The west has been responsible for plenty of costly and murderous ...
- Ellen on 25th March
Well that totally sucks and I'm so sorry you had to go through it. I'm looking at a knee replacement ...
- Paul Sharp on 15th March
Fair points brutally made, Robin. I particularly liked the use of "Professor" in a manner suggesting more of Professor Jimmy ...
- robin fairlie on 8th March
Yes, well, it's grand to have it confirmed by such an eminent citizen as Professor Sharp that some (perhaps all) ...
- Paul Sharp on 29th February
Thanks for the clarification re the diplomats, Brian. here are two of my own. First, the good citizens of Duluth ...
- formula57 on 28th February
Reflecting that "It’s really a miracle that anything works at all, and no surprise that not much does", one can ...
- Brian on 27th February
Brian writes: I'm grateful for all these recent comments. To Paul Sharp I would say only that I envy the ...
- Jane Barder on 20th December
Thank you for your interesting comment, Paul. I do have more information about the Triebner ladies, the fruits of further ...
- Paul Freeman on 19th December
Dear Jane and Brian Thank you for your interesting and erudite family history. I might be able to tidy up ...
- Ilona Marchant on 6th December
I read your family history with great interest. My great great grandfather was Montague Belfield Pizey's brother, Septimus Verinder Pizey, ...
- Brian on 4th December
Brian writes in response to David [Campbell]: I don't find your views at all "threatening" (!), just mostly (but not ...
- Older »
Labour and the EU: an open letter to Mr Corbyn (6 comments)
The Brussels bombings: no, Islamist terrorism is not a response to a western war on... (9 comments)
Diary of a knee replacement: 16 April to end May 2013 (16 comments)
Waiting for Armageddon: an exchange of gloomy views (12 comments)
The Triebners of Germany, Georgia and England (12 comments)
Labour should support UK bombing of Da'esh (ISIS) in Syria to help hold the line... (12 comments)