Search this site
- Was the 2016 Brexit referendum binding on parliament or the government? Answer: No.
- Stop Brexit! Time for the Labour majority to stand up and be counted
- More heresies on the election arithmetic and the manifestos
- The 2017 Election Arithmetic and its consequences
- How to vote on Thursday: a minority Labour government would be the best outcome
- Notes for May (not Her, 2017)
- Syria: myths and omissions (with personal postscript)
- The Brexit Article 50 trigger Bill : a greater betrayal
- The duty of MPs and peers who support remaining in the EU is to vote against the Bill authorising an Article 50 trigger
- Farewell to Brexit: some valedictory reminders
Get posts by email
Subscribe for email updates
- Next story A controversial view of Israel-Palestine
- Previous story An Australian legal view of using information got by torture to lock people up
- Sarah Wray on 8th March
Hello. My name is Sarah i am the grandaughter of John Barder. Brother of Sam Barder. So Donald Barder and ...
- Peter Martin on 4th August
@Brian, You say: <em>"And secondly, my rough guess is that 10 per cent or more of the votes cast for ...
- Brian on 16th July
Brian replies to Peter Martin: I don't accept for a minute that criticism of the leader of the Labour party, ...
- Peter Martin on 29th June
Brian, Just a couple of years ago you wrote: "I’m prepared to risk the prediction that the Labour party with ...
- Oliver Miles on 22nd June
For the elusive website try https://secure. avaaz.org/campa ign/en/no_deal_ no_brexit_loc/? rc=fb&pv=88
- Brian Barder on 21st June
Brian writes: In reply to Barrie: I agree that terms like "rich" and "wealthy" can cover a multitude of sins. ...
- Peter Martin on 3rd August
I suppose the key concession would have to be on freedom of movement. By far the majority of people in ...
- Kevin Jones on 3rd August
Cameron was dead meat by the time he tried to get concessions from the EU and May is going about ...
- William Spurgeon on 3rd August
I think the EU is prepared to make concessions - in fact, it made concessions to Cameron on migrants' benefits ...
- Acilius on 2nd August
The referendum was a paradoxical idea from the start. Leave was always going on about the importance of Britain's constitutional ...
- Peter Martin on 2nd August
I don't believe it would be too hard to get a majority for staying in the EU, but there would ...
- Don Knibbs on 24th July
Thanks for sharing all of that information. I'm related to Sarah's husband, Edwin George Knibbs.
- Brian on 16th July
Thanks for this, David. I too am lucky enough to be represented in parliament by an excellent and independent minded ...
- Brian on 16th July
Brian writes in reply: Thank you, Martin. I certainly didn't mean to suggest that the Labour party itself is "anti-capitalis t", ...
- David Campbell on 8th July
Our newly elected Labour MP, Martin Whitfield, put his name to the Chuka Umunna amendment. For what it's worth, I've ...
- Peter Martin on 6th July
"substituting his own antiquated and far-fetched view of the EU as a capitalist conspiracy. " Is this a fair representation ...
- Acilius on 13th June
One question we might ask is, which members of parliament want a new election this year? If we assume that ...
- sentinel on 11th June
The most pressing matter is surely Brexit, and in particular the forthcoming negotiations. A hard Brexit now seems to be ...
- Phil on 10th June
Total Commons seats 650, -7 Sinn Fein, -4 Speaker & 3 Dep. Speakers = 639, x 1/2 + 1 = ...
- David Campbell on 10th June
But for the Conservative resurgence in Scotland, Labour would almost certainly have been able to form a minority government. But ...
- Older »
The Barders of Krakow and London in the 18th century (4 comments)
More heresies on the election arithmetic and the manifestos (9 comments)
Was the 2016 Brexit referendum binding on parliament or the government? Answer: No. (5 comments)
Margaret Annie Wood (3 comments)
Stop Brexit! Time for the Labour majority to stand up and be counted (4 comments)
The 2017 Election Arithmetic and its consequences (5 comments)