Search this site
- You can buy ‘What Diplomats Do’ with a substantial discount
- The dangerous decline of the FCO: Labour’s opportunity
- The coalition government should resign forthwith if Scotland votes for independence
- “What Diplomats Do”: Information for university teachers and book reviewers about new book
- “What Diplomats Do – the life and work of diplomats” is published and available to order
- On foolishly trying to junk Mr Juncker
- It ain’t over till the well-built lady sings*
- Mr Clegg wants to remain in government. A minority Labour government should deny him that privilege
- IPPs: please urge your MP to sign this important early Day Motion
- Western competition with Russia for Ukraine: divisive, destructive and doomed
- Timothy Weakley on Sep 01, 10:41 AM
The above discussion is fascinating. Was there ever a contra-indicato ry occasion when the politicians proved right, in either the short term or the long, to ...
- john miles on Aug 25, 11:02 PM
Further thought on Mrs Thatcher, listening to diplomats, Suez.and - apparently - World Wars One and Two. Some people call it Confirmation Bias. We're all ...
- Michael Hornsby on Aug 20, 7:04 PM
Thanks for that response, Brian. I had indeed not fully taken on board your reply to Professor Paul Sharp, which answered some of the points ...
- john miles on Aug 19, 9:05 PM
"I think the rot set in with Mrs (as she then was) Thatcher..." Is she to blame for Suez?
- Michael Hornsby on Aug 18, 10:31 PM
Thanks, Brian. Some random thoughts by way of response. I wonder if you may be conflating two separate things - what you call the "mindless" ...
- joanne mckenzie on Aug 31, 10:41 PM
My partner got a n IPP sentence with a tariff of 3years ,but he is into his 10year!
- john miles on Aug 10, 3:14 PM
" None would now describe him- or herself as ‘New’ Labour." You bet they wouldn't.
- formula57 on Aug 09, 9:43 PM
Thank you for your further remarks and for the link to your post and comments on Labour List: I did indeed find those interesting.
- john miles on Aug 09, 10:25 AM
"New Labour is Old Hat!" What about Harman, Balls, Darliing, Murphy, Alexander, Cooper, Burnham, Flint, Benn and Co? Have they all changed their spots? Brian ...
- formula57 on Aug 09, 6:25 AM
Many thanks for your illuminating response. I appreciate your kindness in framing it. I have some difficulty with the view that the government should resign ...
- Diarmid Weir on Aug 08, 1:43 PM
Thanks Brian. An interesting response as expected. Glad the new knee seems to be an eventual net benefit! Of course what you say about 'tribal ...
- Brian on Jun 27, 12:28 PM
I have added the following as a footnote to my post "On foolishly trying to junk Mr Juncker": "An abbreviated version of this post has ...
- Peter Harvey on Jun 24, 3:17 PM
There is a detailed description of the background to this situation here: http://andrewdu ff.blogactiv.eu /2014/06/23/the -european-union s-leadership-cr isis-whos-to-bl ame-and-why-it- matters/
- Jill Greenwell on Jun 24, 10:34 AM
Surely at this stage, Robin, it's not so much a question of Mr Juncker's policies but of the process by which he may - or ...
- Tony Hatfield (@tonyhatfield) on Jun 24, 9:29 AM
For me it was helpful to read J-C Juncker's website. He lists his 'priorities' should he be appointed President of the Commission. He does have ...
- robin fairlie on Jun 23, 10:42 PM
I fear, Brian, that you protest too much. I agree with all you say about Cameron, and Duncan-Smith (who would do well to keep his ...
- ObiterJ on Jun 09, 11:19 PM
We have a deeply unpopular coalition government and, basically, the electorate do not get another say until May 2015. In September, the Scots get to ...
- Michael Hornsby on Jun 01, 7:44 PM
I can only agree with the tenor of earlier comments. I, like you, have not seen the production in question so cannot express a personal ...
- Timothy Weakley on May 26, 6:29 PM
Brian, I'm not an operatic enthusiast. Too much good music spoiled by people singing words which you can't catch even when they're in English - ...
- Roland Smith on May 26, 11:50 AM
My wife and I saw the production at Glyndebourne on Saturday, and were delighted by it. The acting as well as the singing were of ...
- Older »
The dangerous decline of the FCO: Labour's opportunity (11 comments)
IPPs: please urge your MP to sign this important early Day Motion (3 comments)
The coalition government should resign forthwith if Scotland votes for independence (10 comments)
On foolishly trying to junk Mr Juncker (5 comments)
Mr Clegg wants to remain in government. A minority Labour government should deny him that... (4 comments)
It ain't over till the well-built lady sings* (5 comments)
- 21C Media Group New York
- Airynothingness by Baralbion
- Andy Worthington
- Charles Crawford’s Blogoir
- Chicken Yoghurt
- Consider Phlebas
- Councillor Bob Piper’s blog
- Craig Murray's weblog
- Downing Street blog
- John Greenwell's blog
- Justine’s JutsaBlog
- Labour List
- Lily Wen, Dancer, Singer, Actress
- Martin Kelly’s Blog
- Mike Little’s daily thoughts
- Ministry of Truth
- My heart is in Accra
- Norman Geras’s normblog
- Owen’s musings
- Patrick’s Plague of Opinion
- Paul Evans’s NeverTrustAHippy blog
- Peter Harvey’s Lavengro in Spain
- Philobiblon: Natalie’s blog for the literate
- Rachel of North London
- Squawks of Budgie Lee Barnett
- Stephen Pollard’s weblog
- Stumbling and Mumbling
- The Gaping Silence (Phil’s blog)
- The Samovar
- Tom Freeman’s Viva-Freemania
- Tony Hatfield’s Retired Ramblings
- Zoe of Brussels says her boyfriend is a twat
Website pages (not blog entries) on miscellaneous subjects that don’t fit into any other category. (For Ephems blog posts, please click the category you want in the right-hand side panel under ‘Categories’.)