Search this site
- Jottings for January
- Another hung parliament in May? Some myths and a remedy
- Three new reviews of ‘What Diplomats Do': read them here
- A brilliant (free) book about a Victorian diplomatic whistle-blower
- Lloyd George in cartoons, by Alan Mumford
- Scotland has saved the UK: now it’s time for self-government for England
- Scotland’s independence referendum: some confusions in the commentariat
- You can buy ‘What Diplomats Do’ with a substantial discount
- The dangerous decline of the FCO: Labour’s opportunity
- The coalition government should resign forthwith if Scotland votes for independence
- john miles on Jan 27, 8:51 PM
According to the BBC your hero has now promised to spend an extra £2.5bn a year on the NHS by 2020. I'm no accountant, but ...
- john miles on Jan 25, 8:14 PM
Error seems to have crept in - let's have another go. Oh dear! "Do they have to spell it out again and again every time ...
- john miles on Jan 25, 7:22 PM
Oh dear! "Do they have to spell it out again and again every time either of them opens his mouth?" No. But I would be ...
- john miles on Jan 23, 9:42 PM
."Miliband ,,,formidable, intelligent, decent politician" Your boy's just held a Question and Answer session in a local church hall, so along with about three hundred ...
- john miles on Jan 22, 7:37 PM
"Almost all the literate political and economic pundits and most of the British financial and business communities acknowledge that Brexit would be a catastrophe for ...
- Sue Smith on Jan 05, 9:03 PM
I have only just found this & shown it to my Mum. My family lived in Branksome road from 1939 to 1999! My Dad's family ...
- Claire Finch on Oct 15, 2:32 PM
I have recently come into possession of a photo of my Nanna's who passed away this month aged 93 which is a photo of her ...
- john miles on Jan 04, 7:13 PM
Apologies for the typos. "It seems to me beyond argument that David Cameron is one of the two or three worst prime ministers of the ...
- john miles on Jan 03, 9:52 PM
I'm no good at making forecasts, but there are one or two probabilities and virtual certainties around. One, apart from perhaps from Alex Salmond, Mr ...
- Timothy Weakley on Dec 29, 4:00 PM
Geoff Culver remarked: "..if Ed Miliband wins more seats than Cameron but is well behind in the actual percentage share of the vote ..". This ...
- Geoff Culver on Dec 22, 9:17 AM
An interesting article. One possible wrinkle is if Ed Miliband wins more seats than Cameron but is well behind in the actual percentage share of ...
- Robert on Dec 20, 1:04 PM
If I was in Scotland I'd be in the SNP in England god I cannot see Labour or the Tories having to many great ideas. ...
- Frederica Gronau on Jan 02, 12:59 AM
Hey can you gave me some informations about Frederica Mary Gronau who married Christopher triebner? Brian writes: Thank you. I suggest that you read again ...
- Oliver Miles on Nov 13, 6:36 PM
You refer to Mrs Thatcher's distrust of the FCO and politicisation of the senior ranks of the civil service. That is only part of the ...
- Mavis Hall Mavis Hall on Nov 05, 11:00 PM
My son went to court for murder he had a professor backing him for diminished responsability but my son was ashamed what he done kept ...
- Jane Daniels on Nov 01, 12:21 AM
Hi, firstly many thanks for your very informative website, especially as I am in despair with son who has gone pass this IPP tariff and ...
- john miles on Oct 10, 1:21 PM
"Even when it’s a rake, apparently." I'm afraid you've got it all wrong. A spade is one thing, a rake another. So you shouldn't be ...
- john miles on Oct 08, 7:20 PM
I think I've read somebody somewhere saying, "I haven't left the Labour Party, The Labour Party's left me," or words to that effect. I second ...
- john miles on Oct 08, 7:11 PM
"New Labour (as he insists in calling it." So David Campbell. I do my best to call a spade a spade' Brian writes: Even when ...
- Michael Tyler on Oct 05, 8:28 PM
One brief addendum to my post about Sir Brian Urquhart. Thank God for the UK honors system, odd anachronism as it may be. It has ...
- Older »
Jottings for January (17 comments)
Remembering the war: VE Day and before (8 comments)
Another hung parliament in May? Some myths and a remedy (5 comments)
The Triebners of Germany, Georgia and England (9 comments)
The dangerous decline of the FCO: Labour's opportunity (13 comments)
Action on a continuing scandal: thousands still *indefinitely* imprisoned "for public protection" (25 comments)
Links (1 comments)
Scotland has saved the UK: now it's time for self-government for England (24 comments)
Homage to Brian Urquhart (with up-date 5 Jan 09) (3 comments)
- 21C Media Group New York
- Airynothingness by Baralbion
- Andy Worthington
- Charles Crawford’s Blogoir
- Chicken Yoghurt
- Consider Phlebas
- Councillor Bob Piper’s blog
- Craig Murray's weblog
- Downing Street blog
- John Greenwell's blog
- Justine’s JutsaBlog
- Labour List
- Lily Wen, Dancer, Singer, Actress
- Martin Kelly’s Blog
- Mike Little’s daily thoughts
- Ministry of Truth
- My heart is in Accra
- Norman Geras’s normblog
- Owen’s musings
- Patrick’s Plague of Opinion
- Paul Evans’s NeverTrustAHippy blog
- Peter Harvey’s Lavengro in Spain
- Philobiblon: Natalie’s blog for the literate
- Rachel of North London
- Squawks of Budgie Lee Barnett
- Stephen Pollard’s weblog
- Stumbling and Mumbling
- The Gaping Silence (Phil’s blog)
- The Samovar
- Tom Freeman’s Viva-Freemania
- Tony Hatfield’s Retired Ramblings
- Zoe of Brussels says her boyfriend is a twat
Non-blog website pages in this category (for Ephems blog posts, please click the category you want in the right-hand side panel under ‘Categories’):