Search this site
- On foolishly trying to junk Mr Juncker
- It ain’t over till the well-built lady sings*
- Mr Clegg wants to remain in government. A minority Labour government should deny him that privilege
- IPPs: please urge your MP to sign this important early Day Motion
- Western competition with Russia for Ukraine: divisive, destructive and doomed
- Concerned about IPPs still in indefinite preventive detention? Watch Newsnight on 13 March
- Ukraine: time for the west to pull back too
- Action on a continuing scandal: thousands still *indefinitely* imprisoned “for public protection”
- “Soft power” is nothing more than influence
- Self-governing Scotland in a federal UK: Linda Colley on the historical context
- Brian on Jun 27, 12:28 PM
I have added the following as a footnote to my post "On foolishly trying to junk Mr Juncker": "An abbreviated version of this post has ...
- Peter Harvey on Jun 24, 3:17 PM
There is a detailed description of the background to this situation here: http://andrewdu ff.blogactiv.eu /2014/06/23/the -european-union s-leadership-cr isis-whos-to-bl ame-and-why-it- matters/
- Jill Greenwell on Jun 24, 10:34 AM
Surely at this stage, Robin, it's not so much a question of Mr Juncker's policies but of the process by which he may - or ...
- Tony Hatfield (@tonyhatfield) on Jun 24, 9:29 AM
For me it was helpful to read J-C Juncker's website. He lists his 'priorities' should he be appointed President of the Commission. He does have ...
- robin fairlie on Jun 23, 10:42 PM
I fear, Brian, that you protest too much. I agree with all you say about Cameron, and Duncan-Smith (who would do well to keep his ...
- ObiterJ on Jun 09, 11:19 PM
We have a deeply unpopular coalition government and, basically, the electorate do not get another say until May 2015. In September, the Scots get to ...
- john miles on May 24, 5:35 PM
"New Labour is basically a thing of the past. That's the first thing Mr Milibamd said when he became leader. Then he got lumbered with ...
- john miles on May 23, 7:44 PM
I'm not really a LibDem supporter, but I expect I'll vote for them next time. This is because I'd rather have a coalition, for all ...
- ObiterJ on May 03, 11:45 AM
I intend to offer this interesting Ephem a fuller response. Meanwhile, I must observe that it might well the electorate in Sheffield who deal with ...
- Michael Hornsby on Jun 01, 7:44 PM
I can only agree with the tenor of earlier comments. I, like you, have not seen the production in question so cannot express a personal ...
- Timothy Weakley on May 26, 6:29 PM
Brian, I'm not an operatic enthusiast. Too much good music spoiled by people singing words which you can't catch even when they're in English - ...
- Roland Smith on May 26, 11:50 AM
My wife and I saw the production at Glyndebourne on Saturday, and were delighted by it. The acting as well as the singing were of ...
- Rob on May 25, 5:32 PM
It comes down to the voice but, on stage, image matters so it's distracting (laughable even) to see an overly well fed consumptive Violetta dying ...
- Alan Petrides on May 25, 4:29 PM
You can't have a 'stick insect' playing Falstaff..can you? Case rests. Brian writes: Thank you for this, Alan. I suppose one could pad a stick ...
- Cllr David Skinner on Apr 14, 10:30 PM
Sir Brian I agree with the comments above. Unfortunately, we seem to be in a situation where almost anything tends to be attributed to one ...
- Charlie on Apr 14, 6:59 PM
I would suggest that Putin considers himself a Russian patriot with a respect for Russian traditions. I would also suggest that Putin's views on Russia ...
- Cllr David Skinner on Apr 12, 10:08 PM
Sir Brian Mr Putin is, so far as I can see, an old-style Russian nationalist, resentful at the collapse of the Soviet Empire, and pursuing ...
- Helen on Apr 12, 7:43 PM
We criticise regimes for failing to recognise human rights, yet there are thousands of people here in the UK who are being denied liberty and ...
- lesley vann on Apr 10, 9:53 PM
My Son is an IPP prisoner. He suffered awful torment for 15 years before he finally snapped. He was treated so bad in his trial ...
- Jim Dunn on Apr 12, 4:54 PM
I heartily agree. Surely the Russian uprising, if that is what it is, was no surprise. The Kharkov and Donetsk lands contain hundreds of Russians ...
- Older »
On foolishly trying to junk Mr Juncker (5 comments)
Mr Clegg wants to remain in government. A minority Labour government should deny him that... (4 comments)
It ain't over till the well-built lady sings* (5 comments)
Ukraine: time for the west to pull back too (39 comments)
IPPs: please urge your MP to sign this important early Day Motion (2 comments)
Western competition with Russia for Ukraine: divisive, destructive and doomed (3 comments)
- 21C Media Group New York
- Airynothingness by Baralbion
- Andy Worthington
- Charles Crawford’s Blogoir
- Chicken Yoghurt
- Consider Phlebas
- Councillor Bob Piper’s blog
- Craig Murray's weblog
- Downing Street blog
- John Greenwell's blog
- Justine’s JutsaBlog
- Labour List
- Lily Wen, Dancer, Singer, Actress
- Martin Kelly’s Blog
- Mike Little’s daily thoughts
- Ministry of Truth
- My heart is in Accra
- Norman Geras’s normblog
- Owen’s musings
- Patrick’s Plague of Opinion
- Paul Evans’s NeverTrustAHippy blog
- Peter Harvey’s Lavengro in Spain
- Philobiblon: Natalie’s blog for the literate
- Rachel of North London
- Squawks of Budgie Lee Barnett
- Stephen Pollard’s weblog
- Stumbling and Mumbling
- The Gaping Silence (Phil’s blog)
- The Samovar
- Tom Freeman’s Viva-Freemania
- Tony Hatfield’s Retired Ramblings
- Zoe of Brussels says her boyfriend is a twat
Non-blog website pages in this category (for Ephems blog posts, please click the category you want in the right-hand side panel under ‘Categories’):